Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MAYER!

Well Erika Hoffer and I went to Mayer’s concert! It was a blast! So when we bought our tickets that were lawn tickets, and a man who worked there gave us a free upgrade so we were able to sit in the middle section ( a little off to the right), and it saved us at least 20 bucks. Owl City was the opening act and that was SWEET! We sat by some other teens and throughout the concert got to know them. There were also some drunk people there. There were 3 couples: One looked gay but I think that was just him being drunk because later I saw him making out with his girl friend. Now for the second couple... WELL! They were CRAZY! The man had bought a shirt that was about 3 sizes to small and it covered just past the belly button (he was not a very thin man) and he had a beard and a bandana around his head. His girlfriend... or wife was bigger (top heavy) and had huge red hair! So they would be listening and then start dancing and then they would start making out while dancing! It was driving me, Erika and all the kids around us insane! Once they had started during a good song and they were right in our view and Erika got feed up and said "You know there is a lawn spot back there..." anyways it was still fun even with the drunk people. This was Erika’s first concert! So she just had a blast! Any ways to conclude our adventure... It was time to leave but Erika’s car doesn’t have a panic button, park button, etc... So we had to go and look for it. It took us about 6 rows of cars until we found it!


As you all know school has started up. I like my classes so far. I only have two a day and then I go over to the Jordan Tech Center. I am taking a dental assisting class and hope that by the end have a certificate that says I am a registered assistant! I have one AP class and we are reading the "Heart of Darkness". That book is going to be the death of me. It’s by Joseph Conrad, he has great description but the book just doesn’t capture my attention, not like "Mokingjay"! I just finished that and I wish that Whit would get over here so that I could talk about it with somebody (Wink, Wink).



I will try to keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. You can talk about it with me now. I thought it was a bit yucky! More so than the other books. That is war, though! I am glad that she and Peeta ended up together, and the fact that she was able to at some point resume a normal life and have kids. I was very sad about Prim! I really wish she could have gotten into the capital. There should have been alternate endings. I am really sad about Prim. I cried when that darn cat came back to district 12 looking for Prim.

    ReplyDelete